Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG Poggio Rosso 2016 San Felice

0,75 L
35 €
29   VAT inc.    (38,67 €/L)
- +
Discount 3%
56,26 €  VAT inc.
Discount 5%
82,65 €  VAT inc.
Discount 10%
156,60 €  VAT inc.
Type of wine
Red
Body
Strong
Cask maturation
Long
Flavors
Fruity
Ideal with
Game, Stewed meat, Aged cheese, Truffle
Origin
Italy, Tuscany
Availability
Immediately available
Buy now to receive your order within Wednesday 27 January.
prizes and awards
James Suckling
2016
95/100
prizes of other vintages
Wine Spectator
2011
92/100
Wine Spectator
2010
93/100
Robert Parker Wine Advocate
2010
91/100
full name
Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG Poggio Rosso 2016 San Felice
New
appellation
Chianti Classico
vintage
2016
country
Italy
region
Tuscany
grapevine
100% Sangiovese
aging
Oak barrique, Oak barrel
size
0,75 L
flavours
Plum, Blackberry, Raspberry
alcohol content
14,5 %
temperature
18-20 ℃
Sulfites
Contains sulfites
Average Rating
4,74 / 5
Rate the product!
Product rated by 53 users

Description

The Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Poggio Rosso represents one of the flagships of the San Felice company. This wine comes from the selected Poggio Rosso vineyards, located in the province of Siena.

It is obtained exclusively from Sangiovese grapes, harvested and selected in the second ten days of September. After a 25-day fermentation in contact with the skins, the wine begins malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks. For the evolutionary phase, however, 70% of the product is placed in 33 hL oak barrels and the remaining 30% in French oak barrels for about 36 months. It follows an aging in bottle for at least 15 months before being released on the market.

It has a very bright ruby red color. The nose brings elegant fruity aromas, with notes of plum, blackberry and raspberry to be the master. In the mouth it shows a great structure, well assisted by a soft and refined tannin and a very persistent good freshness.

It combines divinely with truffle dishes and aged cheeses. It is also excellent with game and stewed meats.

other recommendations
Immediately available Selection Vino.com
Chianti Classico Riserva  DOCG Il Grigio 2017

Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG Il Grigio 2017 San Felice

0,75 L
Roasts, Grilled red meat, Aged cheese
16,50 €
13,50 €
Quantity discount
15%
Immediately available
Bolgheri DOC Bell'Aja 2018

Bolgheri DOC Bell'Aja 2018 San Felice

0,75 L
Roasts, Grilled red meat, First courses
19,90 €
16,90 €
Quantity discount
15%
Immediately available Awards Premium
Toscana Rosso  IGT Vigorello 2015

Toscana Rosso IGT Vigorello 2015 San Felice

0,75 L
Roasts, Grilled red meat, Aged cheese
29,90 €
27 €
Quantity discount
10%

You may also be interested in

Immediately available Awards
Chianti Classico DOCG Pèppoli 2018

Chianti Classico DOCG Pèppoli 2018 Marchesi Antinori

0,75 L
Cold cuts and salami, Game, Aged cheese, Roasts
13,50 €
10,80 €
Discount
20%
Expiring
Immediately available Awards
Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG Villa Antinori 2016

Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG Villa Antinori 2016 Marchesi Antinori

0,75 L
First courses, Red meat, Mushrooms, Aged cheese
21,90 €
15,50 €
Immediately available
Chianti Classico DOCG Contessa di Radda 2018

Chianti Classico DOCG Contessa di Radda 2018 Geografico

0,75 L
Red meat, Aged cheese, First courses
13,90 €
12,50 €
Quantity discount
15%
Immediately available Awards
Chianti Classico DOCG Fonterutoli 2018

Chianti Classico DOCG Fonterutoli 2018 Marchesi Mazzei

0,75 L
Aged cheese, First courses, Game, Grilled red meat, Stewed meat, Fries
19,90 €
15,50 €
Quantity discount
5%
Immediately available Awards
Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG Contessa di Radda 2016

Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG Contessa di Radda 2016 Geografico

0,75 L
Red meat, Aged cheese
22 €
17,90 €
Quantity discount
15%
Immediately available Awards Premium
Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG Colledilà 2016

Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG Colledilà 2016 Barone Ricasoli

0,75 L
Grilled red meat, Aged cheese, Game
59,90 €
55 €
Quantity discount
10%
Operation in progress, wait...

Warning: this website uses cookies, including cookies of third-parties, to send you advertising and services in line with your preferences. To get more information or amend your preferences click here. By closing this banner or clicking on any of its elements you accept cookies.
Heart
Vino.com informs you that your personal information are collected in order to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. You shall have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data under the terms described in the Privacy Policy.
Heart